Pets welcome at Giba Gunyah… because humans are not the only ones who need to smell the roses!
Giba Gunyah is a wonderful place for you to holiday along with your pets.
Each cottage has its own large fenced secluded garden with lots of places to sniff and explore. Dogs can safely be left for a few hours while you explore the area if you are sure they will not
fret or jump the fences.
They will also love exploring the fire trail or swimming in the river and the dam. Our farm and
native animals are important to us and we just ask that you respect the farm and native animals on our property and those of our neighbours.
- Dogs, and cats, are allowed in the living
areas of the cottages, but not on the furniture or in the bedrooms.
- Pinewood Cottage has a separate woodshed for sleeping if your dog is an outside dog.
- The Stone Cottage has a covered verandah.
- Please bring your dog’s
- Two bowls are provided at each cottage.
- Dogs may be left in gardens if you wish to go sightseeing without them, and you are sure they won’t fret.
- Dogs are not to be left inside the cottages
on their own.
- Please remove droppings from gardens before you depart A.
- Animals are to be supervised and leashed at all times outside of the cottage gardens.
Leash-free Areas away from Giba Gunyah…
Council has developed
leash-free areas throughout the coastal zone of the shire:
- Haywards Beach Bermagui - south of the Camel Rock
entrance for 1km and ending near the Wallaga Lake Rd/Old Tilba Rd intersection.
- Bermagui Headland Reserve - from the lookout (opposite Zane Grey Caravan Park) and south to the headland.
Beach - south of the golf course entrance to the carpark north of the caravan park.
- Short Point Beach, Tura Beach - from the southern most Pacific Way carpark south to the carpark/ barbeque area
at the northern end of Surf Circle.
- Main Beach Merimbula - from a point 200m south of the Ford Oval entrance to a point 600m south.
- Pambula Beach - from the Lions Beach carpark pedestrian entry
north for 300m to the rocks.
- Aslings Beach, Eden - from the Curalo Lagoon entrance south to the Skate Park entrance.
- Auckland Street River Park Bega - in area signposted (The Willows). The
grassy headland above Short Point Beach - in the area signposted.
- Keiths Pinch Eden - in the area signposted.
All of the leash-free areas have doggy doo bag dispensers and rubbish bins, and are generally well used.